In some ways, Education appears to be almost the same. Laurentius de Voltolina’s 14th-century illustration presents a university lecture in medieval Italy. The image is similar to the current day because the painting is easily identified. The teacher speaks from the front of the room from a podium; on the other hand, the learners sit in the classroom and attend the lecture. Certain students can be seen taking notes of the lecture with their books exposed in front of them. A small number of students look as if he is bored. Some are chatting with their bench partner. One of them seems to be napping in class.
Nowadays, classrooms are not greatly altered. However, present students may be staring straight at their workstations, tablets, or smartphones in place of books.
It is critical to recollect that educational technology (also known as instructional technology) happens to expand learning. We must first define the educational objectives and wishes and then apply all of our understanding, containing skill, to generate the best feasible learning process for learners.
Technology’s impact on Education
Technology is continually changing how we work, play, create, and interconnect. As an outcome, it’s only likely that progress in digital technology is generating mind-blowing chances in the field of Education. Technology platforms have also doubled the chances of communication and cooperation opportunities.
Throughout the epidemic, technology in Education has grown from a benefit to a necessity for school districts. The best EdTech examples do not detract from the lesson plan. Students can share their knowledge across the country who are following the same expedition. There are certain examples, like Wikis and Google Docs, which are highly beneficial for students working in groups.
Why is educational technology so crucial?
According to McKinsey data, students in schools with adequate technology devices outperformed in comparison to those who don’t have the technology and high-speed internet. Educational technology results in an inclusive classroom environment that allows learners to participate regardless of their location or ability to physically attend class.
Educational Technology: Benefits
The following are some of the many advantages of employing technology in Education:
- Using ed-tech, teachers can stay organized. Technology is correspondingly advancing the parts of instructors and students. The instructor used to be the only source of education in the outdated classes, as displayed via de Voltolina’s photograph, & the learners submissively accepts it. Representing the instructor as the “sage on the stage” is now there for a while in Educational system and persists till to date. Nevertheless, technological platforms have better data management and informational outflow, we are observing the instructor’s part change to a “guide on the side” in numerous school rooms today and use technology to gather relevant information. Learning platforms in the country are reshaping guidance tools to support new mode of learning, making it more innovative, interlinked and influence technology.
- Students can work more productively thanks to educational technology. Technology has not made the lives of teachers easy, but students’ lives have also been incredibly positively impacted by this. Students are now able to submit their assignments, tasks, etc., online and have the opportunity to learn at their own pace. This is all because of ed-tech tools and the availability of free online courses and electronic books. Students have the opportunity to learn things according to their comfort. They can retake the lectures, go through the previous problems and learn them as often as he wants. This all contributes to a better educational experience.
- It Provides A Wider Range Of Materials That Are Easily Accessible. Students now have access to complete information presented through different educational technology platforms to choose from. They can choose the best teacher for themselves and the best course that suits them and their speed. They can then watch the lectures as many times as they want to. As a result, they can get the most desired information, and through an educational platform, it would be easier for them to learn a new skill of their own choice and excel in that profession.
- It Aids Students In Learning New Skills And Knowledge. Learning should be kept as an enjoyable task and not a compulsion to complete to earn good scores or to only pass the subject. Educational technology has made learning more enjoyable than ever. Now educational platforms contain different skill-building courses for students to choose from. Learning new and professional skills is an essential part of life, and it has been made easier with the help of educational platforms. Educational platforms now consist of various online courses for the students to choose the best course for themselves considering the course difficulty level and the student’s abilities.
Educational Technology: Examples
Here we will see some of the best examples of educational technology platforms. There are many educational platforms, but out of them, some managed to get themselves to the top, and those are the ones we see here. These platforms include hardware such as video conferencing, online courses and assignments solutions, and gaming platforms. Through these examples, it is clear how technology can make education/learning and teaching easy.
Names of some of the following are mentioned below:
- Chegg: Chegg is a textbook marketplace where students can buy any book or even rent it.
- Cengage: Cengage is an online course distribution company that also offers to test.
- Google Classroom: Google Classroom can be used by teachers to organize students’ tasks and generate an online learning space for learners. It’s one-stop to all the problems.
Apex Learning: Apex Learning provides online courses. Teachers can assign them to keep students on track with their subjects if they require additional assistance
Technology is an excellent tool for improving the teaching and learning experience. It assists the teachers in guiding students rather than being the only source of information. It makes it easier for teachers to make their course outlines. It also assists the students in getting better information. It is because of educational technology that the quality of our Education has been dramatically improved. Future innovation will come from the hearts and minds of teachers who gain the knowledge and skills that are necessary for producing engaging content. Technology makes more ways to better Education in every aspect. Educational technology ensures that every student around the globe can get a quality education. Advancement in the field of educational technology increases the likelihood of better opportunities for students.
The content is written by Shaheera. She has three years of experience in writing Educational articles.